Dental Bridges in Centennial, CO
Losing a tooth as an adult means more than impaired oral aesthetics and reduced self-esteem. Teeth play a vital role in functions like chewing and speaking. Missing teeth can lead to uneven pressure distribution and tooth misalignment over time.
A dental bridge can solve this problem by filling the gaps between the remaining teeth. With a bridge, the dentist installs an artificial tooth in the gap, anchored by a porcelain dental crowns on each of the two natural teeth on either side, called the ‘abutment’ teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
For patients who are good candidates for this procedure, a tooth bridge can:
- Restore oral aesthetics and improve self-confidence
- Enable healthy oral function like proper chewing and speech
- Maintain even pressure distribution on all teeth
- Prevent tooth misalignment
Who is a good candidate for a dental bridge?
Generally, dental bridges are recommended for patients who:
- Are in good overall health, without severe health problems or infections
- Have abutment teeth that are in good shape and strong enough to support the bridge
- Are committed to good oral hygiene practices to keep the dental bridge in optimal condition
Installing Dental Bridges
Dental bridge installation is a relatively simple, straightforward procedure. Typically, the stages are as following:
- The dentist examines the patient to determine whether a dental bridge is an optimal solution.
- The dentist takes a mold of the patient’s teeth to make a customized, perfectly fitting dental bridge. In the meantime, the patient may get a temporary bridge as an in-between aesthetic solution.
- After the permanent bridge is ready, the dentist checks its fit. If the bridge needs adjustment, the fitting may take more than one visit. Once the patient is satisfied, the dentist installs the permanent bridge.
Once the permanent bridge is in place, the dentist will instruct the patient on proper dental bridge care. Speaking and eating with a dental bridge may feel unusual for a few days, but the patient will typically adjust soon. A quality bridge feels like it is not even there.
Caring for Dental Bridges
With optimal oral health practices, a dental bridge can last 15 years or longer. The tooth bridge’s longevity depends on the abutment teeth supporting it. If the abutment teeth are in good condition, the dental bridge can remain functioning for many years.
The patient can extend the life of their dental bridge by maintaining good oral hygiene (brushing, flossing, and mouthwash) and avoiding chewing on problematic foods, such as ice, sticky candy, and hard vegetables, which can dislocate the bridge. It is imperative to visit the dentist for regular check-ups and consultations.
Why Choose Aspen Springs Dental for dental bridges in Centennial, CO?
The team at Aspen Springs Dental is committed to providing the best dental care to our clients in Centennial, CO. We work hard to give all our patients a comfortable, efficient, and pain-free dental experience.
Our professional, caring, and compassionate dentists and hygienists look forward to seeing you at Aspen Springs Dental. Call us at (303) 647-9970 or fill out our website form to book your appointment today.
30 Day Floss Challenge
This challenge includes 30 consecutive days of continuous flossing through the months of May and June. Once complete, you can send your name to email@example.com to enter the raffle for a chance to win an Oral-B electric toothbrush. The floss challenge is for our current and new patients.